This article provides a description of the functions, tabs, fields and buttons in the Data Elements page.
The Data Elements page (2) opens up when you click on its tab, after selecting the Modeling module(1).
The left‑hand column(4) of the Data Elements page (2) includes a list of the available data elements available for defining the commission plans in your system.
The right-hand column (5) provides the attributes, definition and function, that compose the currently selected data element (4).
This article describes the main features of the Data Elements page.
Data Elements are identified by their source. There are three types:
- Source– or data from an external source
- Filtered – or filtered data either from an external source or from another data elements
- Manual – data entered manually.
Accordingly, the Data Elements tab (2) includes a set of four buttons (3) for obtaining and handling data elements:
- To import data elements from an external source, press .
- To filter data from the existing Data source, press .
- To define a new manual data element, press .
- To remove a data element from the list, select it then press .
The left-hand column (4) includes the data elements already defined in the system.
- Click on a name to select it
The right-hand column defines the data of the selected data. The title of the grid reflects the name of the element (5).
First the "Name" of the data element, and its unit(s) of measurement (6) “Measured by” are provided.
Next, two operational features are provided: Authorization for changes, Definition of data element value:
- Check if any change or update requires authorization by a manager (7).
- Check if the value of this Data Element should be set as Target (for the representative), and if this definition requires authorization by a manager (7).
The lower part of the screen - Transactions Mapping (8) - lists the components of the Data Element, called fields. This definition reflects the header of the columns of the data source (as Excel file). The field is provided with its unit of measure (UOM):
- String for text: name of product, type of sale and more
- Number for a numerical value: amount, quantity and more.
An approval of a field (V on the checkbox) means that this field is valid for the calculation of an incentive. Therefore, this list determines the parameters for calculating the Data Element
To set the fields for the modeling calculation, proceed as follows:
- Click on the UOM checkbox to add this field. A red sign is added in the row cells, and the name is added in the “Measured by” (6) box.
- Press Add to allow the addition of a new field. It is shown at the bottom of the table. Enter the name and select type.
- Select the Field row, then press Remove to delete a field in the UOM checkbox
- Press Cancel to delete all changes.
The header of the Data Element includes a set of three buttons (9) for the import and creation of Data Elements.
- Click button for obtaining references on the selected Data Element.
- Click button to change the type of Data Element. This button enables you to switch the current Data Element from Source to Filtered, or to Manual or vice versa.
- Click button to clear the data source from the Data Element. This feature deletes the data from an external source.