The Data Elements page enables defining a new source of data for incentives modeling. This data source should be in a "csv" format.
Proceed as follows:
- Verify that the .csv file is located in a known directory.
- Click on Modeling tab (1).
- Click on Data Elements tab (2)
- Click on New Data Source icon (3).
The “Create New Data Source” screen is shown. This screen allows you to define a new data source for calculating commissions.
- Type a data source NAME in the data box. Take into consideration that this name will be in use in different areas of the commission plan.
Therefore, select a name with clear connotation with your incentives plan, and easily identified by the managers and representatives.
- To import a new data source, click Next. The Choose File screen is displayed.
- Select the data source file from directory.
The button is replaced by the UPLOADED FILE box. Verify the file name corresponds to the .csv file name.
You may add more than one file as new data source but it is recommended to do one file at a time. (Need to address the DATA FORMAT (for language parsing) if the file is in hebrew/english and so on...)
- Press Next. The Mapping screen is displayed.
The Mapping screen (1) displays the data from the external source in a similar Excel table [FILE PREVIEW] (3).
However this screen requires you to specify and define the fields that are employed in the commissions’ plan calculations.
Note that each column includes a small data type box (4) in its header. Two data definitions are shown:
- (No.) for numbers only
- (Aa) for string (letters and numbers).
- (missing Date Type)
The system deduces the data type from the first couple of rows in the external source file.
- Verify that the emp_code (4) is defined as string . If not, proceed as follows:
- Click on the number (Data Type) icon. A drop-down is shown.
- Select String.
- Verify that the (Units Of mesure for example Quantity and Amount) columns are defined as No. (numbers). If not, proceed as follows:
- Click on the string icon. A drop-down is shown.
- Select Number.
Note: Make sure that the amounts/quantities relevant for commission calculation is of type number and defined as units of measure.
This procedure is necessary in order to insert only number fields in the U.O.M. (Units of Measure) data box (2). The fields in this box are employed for the calculation of the incentives commission. Therefore these fields must be defined as numbers.
- Define the field (column header) that includes the representative identification <AS EMPLOYEE CODE> (5). It should be emp_code or the appropriate name in the external data file.
Note: This is a necessary procedure. However, usually the system already selects emp_code automatically.
- Scroll to display all fields. Define each field by its type, either String or Number (6).
- Click on the Setting button (7) to verify the format of the external data source file. The Edit File Settings screen is shown. You can perform format changes to adapt the file attributes to the system.
- Select in Employee Code dropdown (f.e : “emp_code”).
- Press Save. The Edit File Settings screen closes.
- Once you have completed the definition procedure, press the Load Data button (8).
The data is now stored in the system for incentives calculations.
- Press Finish to exit.
- Press the Save Data Source button to finalize the creation of the new Data Element.
The new Data Element is listed with the symbol .