The system enables to copy an existing role and the permissions granted to it, in order to define a new role with the same or similar permissions.
To copy an existing role, proceed as follows:
- Click on the Tools module (1).
- Click on User Permissions (2) tab.
- Press the User Permissions (3) button. The Permission Roles selection box is shown.
- Click on the role name you want to copy (4) to select it (highlight row).
- Press Copy role button (5).
- The selected Permission Role is copied and added to the bottom of the list with the Copy prefix (6).
- Press Edit button (7). The Edit Role insertion box (6) is shown.
- Perform all relevant changes in the data fields as defined in the Editing a role article.
- Press Save in the Permission Roles box to save the procedure and return to the User Permissions screen.